Call us: 01492 550478


What do these insurance types cover?

We offer separate cover options for Public and Employers Liability; two different types of additional business cover.

Public Liability

Public Liability insurance can be essential in protecting your assets, if members of the public come in to contact with your business in any way. The public might visit your premises, or simply receive deliveries from you. It’s not a legal requirement, but it could save you from having to pay extortionate sums of money in damages if a claim is made against you. Something as simple as a spill over a client’s computer, or a wet floor causing a customer to slip while visiting your office, could cost you thousands if you’re not insured.

Public Liability Insurance can be a confusing concept. In simple terms, a public liability insurance policy covers you if someone is injured in some way by your business, or if you damage third party property when visiting it on work business. Even a minor scratch to another car on a car park could lead to hefty fines, especially as you could be required to pay legal fees if the case goes to court. Don’t worry – our polices can cover these costs, too.

We offer a range of policies for different business types, and can advise you on the level of cover that you’re likely to need to keep costs down whilst giving you a good level of cover. If you work in the public sector, for example, you will often be required to take out a minimum of £5 million on your public liability insurance.

Employers Liability

If you have an employee working for you, you are legally required to have Employers Liability insurance. That includes businesses that employ as little as one person, according to the Employers Liability (Compulsory Act) 1969. As it’s a legal requirement, if you don’t have it, you risk being fined up to £2500 for every day that you’re uninsured. It’s also extremely beneficial to have if someone does make a claim against you, as a pay out could cover your legal expenses and other damages.

But what does it actually cover? You’re responsible for the health and safety of your employees while they’re at work. If a member of full-time staff, volunteer, or contractor is injured in your workplace or if they fall ill through work, they could try to claim compensation from you. Fear not – Brady and Jones offer a range of cover options to protect your business in the event of such claims. Contact one of our team for a quote, or if you have any questions about this type of cover.

For a tailored business package combining Public Liability, Employers Liability, Key Man, Commercial Property cover and more, contact our expert team.

Get a Quote

Let us know how we can help you. Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible, or when it’s convenient for you.

Get a Quote Call us