Call us: 01492 550478


Get your motor trade insurance with us today

Brady and Jones have been insuring all aspects of the Motor Trade since we were established over 20 years ago. Our motor trade insurance policies cover different type of businesses, including vehicle sales and servicing, motor mechanics, car valeters, breakdown services, car traders and more.

Whether you’re a full-time or part-time trader, we have access to a variety of cover options that could benefit you. We have cover available for scrap, salvage and vehicle dismantlers, as well as traders. Our cover extends to sports car, prestige vehicle and import vehicle dealerships with road risk or stock of vehicles at the trade premises.

Some Considerations…

Are you sure it’s a motor trade insurance policy you need? You must be a genuine motor trader, whether that be full or part time, to qualify for motor trade cover.

Your additional occupations
Part-time motor traders may have another occupation as your main business. This could mean that the motor trade insurance policy may not cover you if you need to use a vehicle in connection with your main occupation. You may be a painter and decorator, for example, that needs to use a vehicle to travel to different properties. If this is the case, speak to one of our advisors and we can add an extension to your policy to include this additional use.

Vehicle Exclusions
Almost all motor trader insurance policies will exclude certain vehicle types. It’s important to check that the policy you take out covers the types of vehicle you are dealing in. A list of such vehicles will be available from all insurers, please ask one of our advisors if you’re unsure.

Your Vehicle Value
Be aware that claim payments made under a motor trader insurance policy are usually made at the trade value of the vehicles involved. So, if you have paid retail price for the vehicle(s) in question, you may find that the payout doesn’t fully cover the costs.

Trading Premises
Motor trade road risk insurance policies do not usually cover against vehicles being lost or damaged, which are usually kept at the business premises. You can add additional premises cover if you want this extra level of protection, however, most insurers don’t class your home address as a business premises.

Benefits and Levels of Cover
Many motor trade insurance policies do not provide the kind of benefits normally associated with private car insurance. If you were expecting windscreen cover, protected no claims bonus and courtesy vehicles, they are unlikely to be included. Please speak to one of our advisors to find out more.

Get a Quote

Let us know how we can help you. Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible, or when it’s convenient for you.

Get a Quote Call us